US Spa Market 2010s
The Professional Beauty Market USA 2006 (The US Day Spa Market 06)
Diagonal Reports’ Day Spa Market Research Allows Companies To Get Ahead Of Competitors.
US Day Spa Market Intelligence Indicates Future Skincare Mass Market Trends.
Latest research by Diagonal Reports in the professional beauty market reveals that anti-aging skincare is outperforming the market, indicating a possible transformation of the face and body care category
· Anti-aging products and treatments are now the star products in the professional beauty channel. Sales of high performance, that is anti-aging, skin care products and treatments are growing strongly, at approximately 30% a year in the US
· Demand is driven by ageing baby boomers who want to reduce and/or eliminate wrinkles and by younger people hoping to prevent signs of ageing.
· Cosmeceutical (which harness the power of science) and botanical (plant-based) brands, as the latest most innovative products, command premium prices.
· The roll-out of these new products will jolt the mass market but product formulators can get ahead of this trend.
· Diagonal Reports documented in previous research the impact of hair colorants on the global haircare category.
Who Can Benefit?
Any large company selling personal care, cosmetics, fragrances or involved in beauty/wellness nationally or globally can benefit from this intelligence. They include:
· Mass-market cosmetic/personal care product formulators
· Direct sellers of cosmetics and skincare
· Retailers (perfumeries, department stores)
· Pharmacy (health & beauty)
· Raw material/specialty chemical suppliers
· Consumer pharmaceuticals
Diagonal Reports plugs into the experts who make the professional beauty care market.
Professional beauty channel experts (eg. spa managers, technicians, beauticians, estheticians…) are the most knowledgeable experts on this planet on the beauty (face, body, skin care) product and on the consumer because of their unique client relationship
The salon/spa relationship is intensive and face-to-face. The service visit is mainly spent discussing appearance problems, solutions and aspirations. Stylists and aestheticians listen to their clients during a 60 minute plus session. It is a long-term relationship lasting years with regular (eg, monthly, quarterly or weekly) service visits.
Diagonal Reports, by interviewing spa experts and tracking sector developments, is best placed to identify and evaluate emerging beautycare trends.
Report · Title: The Professional Beauty Market USA 2006 (The US Day Spa Market 06)
· Price: US$4,762
· Published: May 06
· Pages: 98
· Series: The Global Professional Beauty Market Series 06 which includes the US, EU, Japan, China and other key markets. Each report follows the same format and approach to facilitate global and regional comparisons
Table of Contents
Buy This Report
US Market Reports